Search for content in message boards

Need help with a mystery child and a lost ancestor...

Replies: 2

Need help with a mystery child and a lost ancestor...

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 11:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Giurco, Mugoli
I've been researching my husband's family for a few months. Now, it's remarkable the information that I HAVE been able to find, but there are still many pieces of the puzzle missing. Particularly related to my DH's gr-grandfather, Andrea Giurco. On the 1930 census he was married to Francis Mugoli and lived in Brooklyn, NY. They had a child in 1931, William. They had another child, Frank, in 1934. Frank remembers there being another brother at some point (perhaps between the two births), but his parents were split up by 1937 and his mother Francis never spoke again about her past and this mysterious third brother didn't move to California with them. He only knew his father's name by looking at his birth certificate.

Is there any way to search records for a birth when you know the two parents' names?

Additionally, Andrea Giurco seems to have vanished after the 1930 census. We know that he lived in Fort Lee, NJ for a time, but I can't find him on the 1940 census anywhere. He immigrated from Italy in 1924 so I'm thinking maybe he went back? But there are currently Giurcos living in the NJ/NY area and I can't help but think they are related because the last name is so distinct. I obtained his SSN application hoping that it would give an address of where he lived at the time, but it didn't help much other than to give his parents' names. Unfortunately, the last name is commonly misspelled so there's another layer of difficulty. If he had a SSN, does that mean he was a citizen? Any tips on where to go from here?

Andrea Giurco
b. 12/2/1897
d. 6/1965
SSN 125-01-6920

Francis (Francesca) Mugoli/Giurco/Pansini
b. 8/24/1914
d. 11/24/2000
SSN 549-76-5465
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nmkearns 27 Sep 2012 5:16PM GMT 
williamfcraig... 28 Sep 2012 3:03PM GMT 
nmkearns 28 Sep 2012 3:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions