Search for content in message boards

Figuring out location after 7 yrs

Replies: 4

Re: Figuring out location after 7 yrs

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 5:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Griffin, Griffen, Mulvany, Mulvaney, Burns, Byrnes,McNamara
Dklart, Thank you for you reply,. I'm going to try not to ramble.

The Photo was taken at Boswicks at 98 6th Ave it was established in 1867 and on the back of the picture the date 1893 is embossed. On the back of the picture under the address is " across from the 8th Ave El Station."

At the very least I would think that Anna knew someone in the vacinity if not lived close to Bostwick's herself. So, in an effort to possibly connect other Griffins to her I have been checking 1892-1893 Directories for Griffins close by. That is why the 8th Ell holds significance to me. I was focusing the directory addresses I do not have a map for 1893.

You asked about her marriage in 1903. I have a picture that was concluded to be Anna in a Wedding Dress by a professional authenticator used by the Phoenix PD. Unfortunately, there is no information on the picture as to where it was taken. The Wedding probably was in 1902 very early 1903 as their eldest son John was born Dec 3rd 1903. I have birth records but no Baptisms for the boys.
My Grandmother Rose Marie was Christened at the New St. Patrick's Cathedral. Her sponsors are listed as John F. Mulvaney and Mary Byrnes John may actually be her brother. Mary Byrnes, well if it is her maiden name as is supposedly customary I can connect both common spellings to Griffin and Mulvany in NYC and back in Ireland. I have contacted a person I think has a connection to a Mary Griffin who married a Martin Byrnes but I have yet to hear back . The connection would be very distant if there was one. I have researched every last name of any person in my baby book as I was born in Brooklyn, my sister was not, all of the old pictures my mom took from Grans when she died, the Funeral Cards, nothing has turned up a link to a Griffin. I think I said I had Archives do 2 searches of all Boroughs from 1900- 1904 for a marriage certificate, received 2 letters that nothing was found.

What site did you visit that said the building was built in 1897? Google took me to Trulia and it said 1900. Your site could very well be right. I did think it was strange that it said 1900 because I think the census was early to mid year for the building.

Much appreciated, Danielle
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
indigrl0608 4 Oct 2012 12:03PM GMT 
williamfcraig... 4 Oct 2012 3:34PM GMT 
indigrl0608 5 Oct 2012 8:00AM GMT 
daciodan 4 Oct 2012 10:15PM GMT 
indigrl0608 5 Oct 2012 11:13AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions