Search for content in message boards

William H Goodwin Prosecuted in York Co 1878 for Desertion, Missing after 1903 he was Womanizer, Wife & children Left him

Replies: 20

Re: William H Goodwin Missing presumed Dead Pa 1904-1908 BORN YORK CO PA

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 2:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Goodwin Smith Schmidt
I am thankful I found what I did on him and it makes sense now why in 1900 they were not living together and why he was listed at several different address in city directories for many years.

I was not going to order this document because they had just married in July 1877 so I learned a hugh lesson to never ignore any unturned root ;)...I will be looking further into this WHG who died in 1912 as he "appears" to me to have been in living in Reading right around the corner from Carrie and children in 1900 census. This WHG was carpenter too in 1900 census and born in Maryland, father from New York mother Pa....what are the odds that this WHG would end up in Phila area too were Carrie and children moved to about 1903

Tha search goes on and on

Carrie was born in Maryland so maybe why he put Maryland as his birth and Father New York maybe because his father was born in York Co Pa and he could remember this consistently easily....Just what I am leaning towards and will look into more
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
algbas 16 Nov 2012 9:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions