Search for content in message boards

Jacob Finney Myers major brick wall and need help.

Replies: 2

Jacob Finney Myers major brick wall and need help.

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 1:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2012 8:09PM GMT
Jacob Finney Myers as I know the name was born in either Illinois or possibly Indiana in about 1852. I have a land record tht said he was from Indiana if I have the right Myers. Jacob was we were told an outlaw of a smaller type, Might of ran with the Youngers and knew the James. Said to of been involved in a train robbery in Oklahoma and possible bank robbery in Texas.

I know from family he was not a nice man, treated his two boys poorly.

I find a Jacob Finney Myers in Issac Parkers court April 22, 1889 on a larceny charge with Donnie Hunter. Same day was Jack Spaniard one of Belle Starrs Husbands. On the 22nd Jacob received a $10.00 contempt of court charge while the murder trial of William Harding was going on.

He was married to a lady whom we are all told was full blooded Cherokee Indian. We think her name was "America L." When in Earlsboro Oklahoma he owned 160+1/16th acres that he sold in the late 1890's. Story was he was on the run from Shawnee Oklahoma and he told her to sit at the steps of a building and he's return for her and did not ever go back. She tried once to get in touch with the boys later. In about 1939 the Cherokee tribe tryed getting in touch with George Sidney Myers (My grandfather).On the way to Idaho the boys said they hid in a outlaw hideout on the way to Idaho. Never said who's.

Might of been a daughter who he left in Oklahoma also.

The boys are:
William M Myers
April 14, 1889
Shawnee, Oklahoma

George Sidney Myers
November 7, 1886
Cherokee Texas (he said).

When getting to Boise Idaho there was another lady by the name of Dora (?) but the newspaper have her as a wife. June 24, 1902 he was seen hiding in the dep tall grass of South Boise Idaho with Dora. The next day she had a wagon and a couple horses and left town with we think Jacob.

The boys stole $2200.00 from Jacob that is when I found his name. He went by J.F. Myers. When the sheriff asked for his name he said he didn't have to tell him because he was a retired U.S. Marshal and that I know not true. David Turk from the U.S. Marshals division in Washington D.C. helped do a search on that. Mr Turk said he might of been asigned as a deputy once, but doubted that very much too. Mr Turk wanted to know where the $2200.00 came from, but I never heard. He also thought perhaps with a change of name might of helped in the Wagner train robbery in Montana when Butch Cassidy robbed the train.

My Grandmother said she had heard he died from a gunshot wound from a train robbery in Montana.

On my grandfathers census it listed his father was from Illinois. There are hundreds of J.F. Myers and no Jacob Finney Myers that I can find. I really would like some help please.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
phoenix655 24 Nov 2012 8:16PM GMT 
williamfcraig... 25 Nov 2012 9:42PM GMT 
phoenix655 25 Nov 2012 10:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic