Search for content in message boards

My Brick Wall

Replies: 3

Re: My Brick Wall

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 6:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it :)

The brick wall was really Johanna's last name, and I'm still unsure how you uncovered that, could you possibly explain how you managed to find that and the technique used? It would be very helpful for any future searches.

I also cannot find the death index/record for Johanna, that's what made me feel like she just didn't exist sort of thing (haha) I'm even doing the search now for the name MAGUIRE Johanna and the date 1902 but still nothing pops up on my search! Must be doing something wrong but not really sure what :/

I found William at the Union workhouse late last night, and then his death index at Rice Lane which on later look, was Walton Hospital. Quite sad that he lost his wife and the ability to look after his own children.

Trying to trace William back is obviously a lot easier than Johanna and I think I might of found him but not 100% sure. When I told my Mother about the possibility that he might of been in a School/boarding school/some sort of institution at the age of 15, she believes maybe that is why the children we're taken into the likes of the Cottage Homes etc as he had experienced it before and believes that it would of been better for their sake or something. Quite interesting though.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rebecca Newet... 19 Jan 2013 5:29PM GMT 
infosending1 20 Jan 2013 7:10AM GMT 
Rebecca Newet... 20 Jan 2013 1:19PM GMT 
Rebecca Newet... 20 Jan 2013 2:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions