Search for content in message boards

My Brick Wall

Replies: 3

My Brick Wall

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 10:29AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Hi, I am trying to locate a branch of my family based in Liverpool, UK.
It would be my Great Grandmother's side of the family but I am unable to locate certain members of her family due to circumstances that happened in her life time.
My Great Grandmother is called Susannah Roberts (nee Maguire) who married Harry Roberts in Liverpool in 1921. Due to the marriage certificate, I located Susannah's father, William Joseph Maguire, a tailor.
But from then on, it's all a mystery. My mother tells me that Susannah has a sister called Catherine/Katherine and a brother called Alexander/Alex/Alec. Their mother died during child birth to a child that I cannot locate. The mother's name at this point is a mystery.
Due to their mother's sudden death, Susannah and Catherine ended up in Cottage Homes in Fazakerly at the ages of 13 and 12. Here, she is known as Susan on the 1911 census and Catherine is located elsewhere within the pages of this census. I am unaware as to where Alex, and any other children they might of had are located.

From a bit of research, I believe that the Mother may be called Johanna/Joanna Elizabeth due to finding earlier records such as census'. The age is correct, children's name seem to fit the information that I have been told and William's occupation is a tailor.

However, I cannot find any information further than this. I do not know of a marriage certificate, death certificate, her maiden name or where she lived before being married to prove that this is 100% the correct woman and family. From previous census', it states that she was born in Liverpool, Lancashire so it narrows down the search. However, due to the names Susannah/Johanna, they are names that can be spelt many different ways which makes this search harder.

I also struggle to find any information for William Joseph Maguire before and after this time period. I believe the only census I have of the entire family is in 1901.

Could anyone please help me try and locate the correct family or information to allow me to get past this brick wall? I would search the local records at Liverpool Library but it is currently being refurbished and the documents are in the process of being moved from one building to another (bad timing, I know!)

I've added the 1901 census for the family and Susannah's marriage certificate to see whether this can help anyone to help located the people in question.

Thanks a lot!
Becky
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rebecca Newet... 19 Jan 2013 5:29PM GMT 
infosending1 20 Jan 2013 7:10AM GMT 
Rebecca Newet... 20 Jan 2013 1:19PM GMT 
Rebecca Newet... 20 Jan 2013 2:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions