Search for content in message boards

Stuck!!

Replies: 3
Posted: 5 Feb 2013 1:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
I would appreciate any help or advice because I am stuck!

I am having difficulty finding information regarding my 2nd great grandmother Mary Jane Reese (nee. Greenrod or Greenwood).

The problem is that I am not able to find many records for her. The only US census I can locate is the 1880 census, the 1890 census may have helped but obviously I can't get that one and than she passed away in 1896.

I have the Church record for the marriage and the city's return of marriage. This is where the problem is, the handwriting is hard to decipher. I have uploaded the files to my tree.

I have her return of death but that does not state much information. I also have the cemetery record but again not much lead to her maiden name.

The information I was able to find is that she was born in England abt 1857, married my 2nd great grandfather in Philadelphia on Nov 20, 1876. She passed away on July 6, 1896 in Philadelphia.

I am looking for more information about her family. Where exactly was she born in England, when she came to the states, her parents, etc.

Again, I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ErikaC1218 5 Feb 2013 8:25PM GMT 
oastwd 6 Feb 2013 8:15PM GMT 
ErikaC1218 6 Feb 2013 8:35PM GMT 
oastwd 6 Feb 2013 8:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions