Search for content in message boards

Hermann/Hermanns/Barnhardt

Replies: 20

Re: Hermann/Hermanns/Barnhardt

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 7:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi...

Yeah, 'LHSwisher', that does look more like 'Carstens' to me also; plus, I wonder if his last name isn't Tesleps or Teslefs. Look at the way the "r's" are written in "Carotens" and "Herrmann", then look at his last name again, that 3rd letter does look more like an "s" instead of an "r". So 'CarOtens' does look more like 'CarStens' and 'TeRlefs' looks more like 'TeSlefs'. [Good old handwriting analysis and comparison.] "Carstens Teslefs"? Hmmm....

Tara - Surprised there was no birth dates on their marriage record either. I was curious about witnesses in case there were names like "Dethlefs, "Carotens", "Teslefs", or another Herman or whatever; another possible clue as to relatives in the area.

Well, maybe you'll get lucky with her death certificate - I hope you do. IF Fred gave the info, one would think he would know her birthday, etc. Just depends on who the informant was and what they knew. You should also get a clue as to where she was buried in IA, as in what cemetery in Pocahontas; and you should also see what funeral home (in SD) handled the body.

Yes, by posting obit queries in Roberts County, SD and Pocahontas, IA, message boards you will have a better chance of getting more help.

You have nothing to lose by e-mailing people through F-a-G either; I have gotten info from a few folks there myself. A Susan posted a memorial there to Walter Barnhardt and 'Lori' posted a message to her there in 2008 wondering what Emma (Herman) Barnhardt died of - she had heard that she died in childbirth...so contacting one or both of them may help.

You're welcome about the passenger list; again, may/may not be her, I'd keep looking unless you find more info that indicates one way or the other...I really hope you get a hold of her mother's maiden name.

'Dethlefs' IS a surname; was "Carstens" last name ["Teslefs/Terlefs"] misspelled/mis-transcribed? Who knows? So hard to tell...that's why I hope you find Emma's maiden name somewhere; it may take you off in a whole new direction too. That may not be her on that list.

That's why I suggest putting out inqueries on several boards here and elsewhere and reaching out via e-mail at F-a-g; you might get a lead eventually.

I'd be interested in what you find on her death certificate.

Hopefully it will help.

Kat
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
likepink2006 13 Mar 2013 11:00PM GMT 
Kat747 14 Mar 2013 4:53AM GMT 
likepink2006 14 Mar 2013 6:19PM GMT 
Kat747 15 Mar 2013 1:46AM GMT 
likepink2006 22 Apr 2013 2:25PM GMT 
Kat747 22 Apr 2013 2:39PM GMT 
likepink2006 22 Apr 2013 2:59PM GMT 
Kat747 22 Apr 2013 4:31PM GMT 
likepink2006 22 Apr 2013 4:54PM GMT