Search for content in message boards

Hermann/Hermanns/Barnhardt

Replies: 20

Re: Hermann/Hermanns/Barnhardt

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 12:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Kat,
I know I was really bummed about that marriage certificate. They didn’t have their birthdates on there either. There were 2 witnesses listed on the certificate, if I remember right the lasts names were Anderson and then they had first initial and middle initial. I don’t have it in front of me right now. It had the marriage date and their names and the names that they intended to go by after the marriage listed and then the witness names.

I just ordered a copy of her death certificate. I was thinking about that last night so I am glad that you mentioned that.

I will go ahead and post something on here about her obit and see if someone is able to help me find it. I think writing to the libraries is a good idea too. I do know of a couple of papers in Roberts County and maybe I could write to them and see if they are able to search for me if I don’t get a response on post on here.

Yes, I have been to find a grave, and I have found graves on other relatives but nothing on Emma. I will contact some of the people and ask if they know of any info on Emma Barnhardt and if they can help me locate her grave in Iowa. Maybe they will have some info for me.

I did find that passenger list that you were talking about…thank you. You made an interesting point about “Dethlefs” I might do some checking on that last name and see if I can come up with any links there. Another thing that has crossed my mind and I could be way off here too. You know how you mentioned that they didn’t always give correct last names or the person recording in the census wrote things as they heard? Anyways, if this “Carotens Terlefs” is possibly an uncle or a great uncle what if it is written wrong and it should be what was on that Census-mothers listed last name “Dethlefs”? I guess I may have to try and dig deeper into that. Any thoughts/opinions?

There is so much info and I do appreciate all of your advice that you have given me. I will keep plugging away hoping that I can come up with something.

Tara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
likepink2006 13 Mar 2013 11:00PM GMT 
Kat747 14 Mar 2013 4:53AM GMT 
likepink2006 14 Mar 2013 6:19PM GMT 
Kat747 15 Mar 2013 1:46AM GMT 
likepink2006 22 Apr 2013 2:25PM GMT 
Kat747 22 Apr 2013 2:39PM GMT 
likepink2006 22 Apr 2013 2:59PM GMT 
Kat747 22 Apr 2013 4:31PM GMT 
likepink2006 22 Apr 2013 4:54PM GMT 
Kat747 22 Apr 2013 9:06PM GMT