Search for content in message boards

Samuel Smith and his wife Rachel Brown married 1817 or 1819?

Replies: 0

Samuel Smith and his wife Rachel Brown married 1817 or 1819?

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 12:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Apr 2013 2:18PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Brown
Hi, I'm trying to find out some information on the above couple.

I have found 2 marriage Banns records, 1 dated 21 Sep 1817 and the second 28 Jun 1819.. both are from the Kirkby Overblow (Yorkshire) parish records and refer to Samuel who was from the parish of Bradford and Rachel Brown "from this parish".

I know Rachel's father is called James Brown as I have found a second marriage from later in her life and I also have her on a census record from 1841 which has her listed as aged 50 so birth date is 1791 approx. although I cant find her birth records.

I have also found 3 children from Rachel and Samuel (Mary, Richard & John - who is my 3rd Great Grandfather) I cannot find a birth/baptism record for John who was born in Poole (or Otley depending which census you read)in 1818 (according to the 1841 census) which puts his birth between the 2 sets of marriage banns I have found.. a clue possibly!! lol. I do already have baptism records for his siblings Richard and Mary who were baptised in St Peters, Bradford Cathedral.

I cannot find any other information for Samuel :( all I know is he was a woolcomber from Bradford and I cannot find any further census details for Rachel although I know she remarried in 1871 and states on the certificate she is from Yeadon/Guiseley (not Kirkby Overblow) and died shortly after in 1873, I found the probate records..

I've been banging my head over this for months now.. does anyone think they can help? researching Smith is SO hard but then to throw a Brown in the mix too.. I'm getting nothing.

Thanks for reading :)

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions