Search for content in message boards

Samuel Spence

Replies: 5

Re: Samuel Spence

Posted: 3 Oct 2013 3:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Oct 2013 4:16PM GMT
I'm having the same problems with finding info on Samuel . According to my father, I know that Samuel was somewhat older than Mariah. here is a copy of my notes..My dad, James Granville Sesco said that Samuel and his brothers had made their way up from Texas. They were in trouble there in Texas and was on the run. While in Lawrence county Ky , He met his wife Mariah when she was peddling produce with her father. Another story dad tells is that Samuel's brother Walter was killed in the peach orchard coal mine. Samuel made it out of the mine unharmed. Other brothers of samuel were Zack and Willard. the day Samuel died he ask my father ,who was about 10 years old, for a glass of water and when dad got back with the water Samuel had already died. and here are my notes on Mariah..My dad ,James Granville Sesco was 17 years old in 1949 . He was in White Springs barracks Geneva NY when word came that his grandma Mariah was sick and may die. He left NY to be with his grandmother and when he arrived home, He was told that she was still alive and he could see her but she does not know anyone . Dad said when he walked into his grandmother's bedroom, she called him by name. Then after she died Dad went back to NY to work. death in 1949
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hyltonheartrn 2 May 2013 11:06PM GMT 
barbdale_1 3 May 2013 3:22AM GMT 
hyltonheartrn 3 May 2013 10:57AM GMT 
hyltonheartrn 4 May 2013 4:43PM GMT 
wa4hcd 3 Oct 2013 9:55PM GMT 
hyltonheartrn 6 Oct 2013 3:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions