Search for content in message boards

Help with Grandfathers Parents, Medically Relevant.

Replies: 3

Help with Grandfathers Parents, Medically Relevant.

Posted: 17 Jan 2014 11:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Miller, Evans, Delaney, Driscoll, Wilson, Dietzel, Deitzel, Vogel
So happy to see this board I need help

Just found out new info on the complicated side of my family and still hitting brick walls.

Questions regarding my Great Grandfather......

1.) are the death records from 1960 in Michigan really gone totally, I need one and can't find it.

2.) Need help finding a death record of a man Named James Wilson Miller died between 1874 and 1880 or some variant whose wife was Mary, children Ida born 1866 and son James born 1875.

3.) Wife of above, Mary Miller I found with her 2 children Ida and James on the 1880 census, can't find her before that.
I know she was born in Canada somewhere around 1838, don't know maiden name, she was widowed in 1880 with last name of Miller.
On her childrens death certificates she is listed on one as Mary J. Delaney, on the other Mary J. Driscoll.
Don't know if these are maiden names or re-married names.

4.) Regarding her Son, James above born in 1875 this is my Great Grandfather, his Sister was Ida, died as Ida Winter in 1926.
James is our mystery as he got in major trouble and changed names and we are now Evans.

We know from postcards written between him and his sister from 1903-1906 he was on the run. However his Sister, already married with last name of Winters stayed put.

Supposedly James was a Jockey in New York and flipped a race at some point. He was also a riverboat gambler and safe-cracker.

During the postcard writings between 1903-1906 his sister was put through 4 house fires that they claimed "not accidental"

5.) BIG ONE... Regarding the above does anyone know where I can find house fire records, criminal records, or jockey records??

The family moved constantly between Detroit and Buffalo, NY even after my Great Grandfather renamed and married and had 3 kids in Buffalo from 1913 to 1920.

I have ordered his death certificate from Detroit, he died in Eloise, but others are lost as to the missing records in Michigan, fire I'm guessing.

He died in Detroit as his renamed self of George Wilson Evans, Father listed as Wilson Evans.
His Sister, Ida Winters also died in Detroit and her certificate lists Father as James Wilson Miller

NOW onto my Great Grandmother....
I can't find her immigration record from Germany.

1.) according to census immigrated between 1879-1883 from Germany, she was born in 1878.

2.) Name is Helen A and then a variant of Deitzel, Dietzel.

3.) Was living with Aunt and Uncle Conrad and Alwina Vogel immigrated same time according to 1910 census.

4.) Was supposedly a concert pianist sometime between 1880-1913 before she married, somewhere in New York, most likely Buffalo.

5.) married we think in Niagara Falls in May of 1911 to my great grandfather renamed Charles W Evans.

6.) The German side is extremely relevant to possibly figuring out our families medical ailments, so anything will help please.

Thanks in advance.

Any help appreciated, thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CharmedLinzAb... 18 Jan 2014 6:46AM GMT 
daciodan 19 Jan 2014 9:02PM GMT 
CharmedLinzAb... 20 Jan 2014 11:45AM GMT 
halpark 22 Jan 2014 10:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions