Search for content in message boards

Problems with US City Directories on Ancestry (3) -1933 City Directory Listed as 1903

Replies: 4

Re: 1933 City Directory Listed as 1903

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 6:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
The "good" IMHO is to inform those who use these sources that blind reliance on "published date" of this document bears further investigation as stated in OP.. "Grandmother living with Grandfather at age 11, 7 years before they were married".

Yet this empirical evidence is questioned by another poster. Had they done further investigation, as I had by flipping back one page http://tinyurl.com/9vj3gw7 further evidence of date exists with librarian notation. As these notations are made upon receipt by library, I realize this isn't definitive proof of publication year.

My follow up post Definitively Proves that this document is mis-titled..

Chiloquin Ore. where this directory was published was little more than a trading post alongside a Wagon Track on the Klamath Indian Reservation during those years. It does not surprise me a printed date is absent..
My heirs were prominent in the development of schooling, postal system, and medical care in this area during these years and speak from direct knowledge..

Yes I have used both Report Issue and utilized Acom Help on this issue, as well as several others, Volunteering my Time using my copy of OmniPage Pro OCR software which is trainable to scan and publish documents such as this..

No I have not received any reply from Acom..

Thank You for your Question

Soaked
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SoakedKarma 2 May 2012 1:26PM GMT 
eGENEee 11 May 2012 12:12AM GMT 
SoakedKarma 14 Oct 2012 5:32AM GMT 
Fiona_Bathgat... 14 Oct 2012 12:20PM GMT 
SoakedKarma 18 Oct 2012 12:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic