Search for content in message boards

Help! Does this genealogist sound legitimate?

Replies: 7

Re: Help! Does this genealogist sound legitimate?

Posted: 14 Oct 2013 11:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Carol,
I wanted to give you an update. She replied very quickly the same day and gave me this answer which was well written and good to hear:

"of course you will receive all the other records like marriages and deaths! And all the stuff described in the Platinum Plan specification! The person records make sense only when the whole documentation is ready, but I can send you the starter for Antonia now as an open file that you'd supplement with the data that are not known to me and are know to you. The gedcom file is ready with the latest data, but it includes also not paid data. I can erase them and send it to you now if you want.

The idea of Platinum Plan is a long-term cooperation based on success-fee. Success is each new person you can add to your family tree. It cannot be based on full person's data, because records are often incomplete and sometimes there is no possibility to get some of them, even when a lot of information on the person are found. You will get all the records that survived. On the other hand, as for example Marcin and Anna's marriage record won't show any new persons, you'll get this record for free. You don't have to worry how would I receive the records and how much would I spend to get them. It might look expensive in the beginning but it is because of the boost of information and the type of galician records that usually show one more generation in the records. And that is a blessing, especially if we meet some 30 years gap in records, that normally would stop the research! Thanks to galician records even in such situation the further research is possible. Unfortunately even galician records prior ca. 1820 begin to be very poor in information. You'll see then that there will be much more documentation needed to provide a similar amount of data. You'll also see that completing the data and finishing the family tree would take several months, so the expenses divided by time won't be so high. While completing the documentation on different persons, I'll be sending you the personal records.

Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I want everything to be clear and I hope our cooperation will be successfull and finally you will be very satisfied with my service. It is always very important for me to have only satisfied clients, otherwise I won't be doing what I'm doing! "

This sounds like a very good genealogist and perhaps I was a little hasty (overzealous) in wanting to get everything right away. Thanks again for your advice in helping me through my panic attack! :)

Victor

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vrezula 9 Oct 2013 8:44AM GMT 
ABiyT13 11 Oct 2013 10:10PM GMT 
vrezula 11 Oct 2013 11:15PM GMT 
ABiyT13 12 Oct 2013 5:17PM GMT 
vrezula 12 Oct 2013 7:05PM GMT 
ABiyT13 12 Oct 2013 8:58PM GMT 
vrezula 15 Oct 2013 5:35AM GMT 
ABiyT13 16 Oct 2013 1:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions