Search for content in message boards

Help! Does this genealogist sound legitimate?

Replies: 7

Re: Help! Does this genealogist sound legitimate?

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 1:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Carol,
Thanks for the great advice! Here is an update since the last message I wrote. I sent enough money to cover the siblings, grandparents, and great grandparents of my great great grandmother. She has sent me the photos for births of the siblings and said the grandparents and great grandparents are shown on those. I had asked for an interpretation of a line on one of the birth records (to know what it said) and she said she could do it for $19.
At this point I surely wouldn't recommend this genealogists' service. I have sent her a request for the detailed sheet for each of the people and will be surprised if she replies. IF she had sent all of those things listed on her website I would be happy, but not with just the photos of births that I have to interpret myself. (Luckily I found a good website that shows what each column is for and can now do it myself) In my email to her I told her I was not happy with the cost for what I was receiving. I guess I will be looking for another genealogist in the Kracow area:)
Thanks for all of your advice and if I ever need to look for someone in the UK I would surely contact you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vrezula 9 Oct 2013 8:44AM GMT 
ABiyT13 11 Oct 2013 10:10PM GMT 
vrezula 11 Oct 2013 11:15PM GMT 
ABiyT13 12 Oct 2013 5:17PM GMT 
vrezula 12 Oct 2013 7:05PM GMT 
ABiyT13 12 Oct 2013 8:58PM GMT 
vrezula 15 Oct 2013 5:35AM GMT 
ABiyT13 16 Oct 2013 1:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions