Search for content in message boards

Help! Does this genealogist sound legitimate?

Replies: 7

Help! Does this genealogist sound legitimate?

Posted: 9 Oct 2013 2:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
I sent an inquiry to genealogiapolonica.com to find the ancestors of my great grandfather in Poland. I didn't know a lot about where he was from except somewhere in lower Poland. The website said she was a member of the PoIish Genealogist Society. I sent this person, Barbara Domagala, a LOT of information to work with over the course of a few weeks, including names of about 8 children and name of the home town of my great grandfather (Ratulow) that a Slovakian researcher found for me.
The Slovakian researcher was able to do his work online and only took a day or two to respond and the total cost was about $50, but he provided links to birth and death records and interpretations of the records and this ultimately provided the information on my great great grandmother's last name and the elusive location where she lived with my grandfather. The polish genealogist was not able to give me anything until she visited dioceses in Tarnow and Kracow. She visited Tarnow this week and then responded she had found 26 records for my great great grandmother and her ancestors including siblings and spouses. She is now requesting a fee of almost $1000 for the information of these ancestors on grandmothers side. She is supposed to visit the Kracow diocese to locate my grandfathers side in the next week or two, but I am a little scared because the fee was so high for grandmothers side and I have said all along that the most important thing was to find out my great great grandfathers information. I don't have thousands of dollars to spend.
My question is whether her fees are reasonable and whether she seems legitimate. I tried to locate a reference for her on genealogy sites and found nothing. Can anyone help?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vrezula 9 Oct 2013 8:44AM GMT 
ABiyT13 11 Oct 2013 10:10PM GMT 
vrezula 11 Oct 2013 11:15PM GMT 
ABiyT13 12 Oct 2013 5:17PM GMT 
vrezula 12 Oct 2013 7:05PM GMT 
ABiyT13 12 Oct 2013 8:58PM GMT 
vrezula 15 Oct 2013 5:35AM GMT 
ABiyT13 16 Oct 2013 1:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions