Search for content in message boards

What is the importance of ancestry?

Replies: 16

Re: What is the importance of ancestry?

Posted: 21 Sep 2011 10:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
For reasons aside from the importance of discovering one's ancestors, let's admit that it's good for the marbles and will keep us sharp and witty and keep our brains from shrinking. Apart from that, researching my ancestry has changed my perspective about life in general. I come to learn what occupation my great great grandmother had and how she was a 'charwoman'(housekeeper with bucket in hand)when she was a senior. There was no old age pension for her...even as a widow. I start to realize that maybe just maybe I can stop complaining about my life and start to enjoy it and gain the reward of working hard. Also, interviewing relatives can be fun. Lots of wisdom! And...not to menton, how much medical informatoin I have. Since finding out about so much cancer on my dad's mom's side, I will be getting a genetic test for a mutation that was discovered in my family. It can potentially safe my life if I find out I am positive and precautions. If you want inspiration, watch the generations project from BYU online. Very compelling! Perhaps you are a lot more like you great grandpa than your parents combined.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mi2early 10 Oct 2010 3:37PM GMT 
BobGaudio 13 Oct 2010 10:59AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 10 Oct 2010 4:51PM GMT 
BrianMartin62... 12 Oct 2010 8:37PM GMT 
Pangela84 22 Sep 2011 4:44AM GMT 
squeekmonster... 29 Aug 2012 5:29AM GMT 
TCreature3 29 Jul 2013 12:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic