Search for content in message boards

Ancestry and physical characteristics not matching up

Replies: 5

Ancestry and physical characteristics not matching up

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm not very familiar with this stuff, so this may be a silly question. On my mother's side of the family, supposedly the ancestry is Polish, Russian, German, and English. The problem is, my uncle and brother both look VERY Mediterranean. My uncle has much darker skin than anyone in his family. My brother's skin is very olive-toned and darker than any of us. Both of them have very dark brown eyes. My grandparents on that side have blue and very light green/blue eyes and very light skin. My mom and I both have rings of brown in our eyes, which otherwise are blue-gray.

So, if everyone in my family - to my knowledge - is from light-skinned and light-eyed northern European countries, where does this Italian appearance come in? They both have the exact same look, so I know it's on my mother's side of the family. I'm very confused. Does that mean there's some Italian-area ancestry on that side of the family that I don't know about? And if so, how do I go about finding out how far back it is and who it is?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cassiecalypso 21 Aug 2013 12:04AM GMT 
RobinBMc 21 Aug 2013 10:42AM GMT 
naptos 2 Sep 2013 1:56PM GMT 
cassiecalypso 2 Sep 2013 7:33PM GMT 
naptos 2 Sep 2013 11:17PM GMT 
cassiecalypso 3 Sep 2013 2:11AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic