Search for content in message boards

I'm rich - well maybe not - research advice required

Replies: 2

Re: I'm rich - well maybe not - research advice required

Posted: 9 Feb 2014 9:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi

Thanks for the suggestions

I have traced back a few generations prior to my 4xGG uncle which I am reasonably comfortable with (around 1716), and a couple of more generations to around 1650 which are more tentative but there is no connection with the estate as I can find other than the locality (Shropshire/Cheshire/Flintshire) and name (Starkey). I do suspect that it may be just coincidence (or wishfull thinking) especially considering their occupation,- late 1800's Agricultural labourers and previously Farmers

He does describes himself as Yeoman (Yeoman Farmer?) though again, I can find no evidence to support this

I'll drop Chester record office a line to see what they say, they may even have the solicitors records. I've had a quick look at the national archive indexes that are available and nothing has stood out, but I suspect that a lot of these are not avaiiable on line, so it looks like a visit to London and Chester may be needed

If I find anything interesting, i will update this thread
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
petejwood 5 Feb 2014 4:52PM GMT 
R Simpson 6 Feb 2014 4:19PM GMT 
petejwood 9 Feb 2014 4:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions