Search for content in message boards

Newsbank America's Obituaries & Death Notices

Replies: 7

Re: Newsbank America's Obituaries & Death Notices

Posted: 7 Dec 2008 5:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
This sounds ridiculous, but I got access to one library system's access to newsbank by just searching online for some place that offered it to the patrons of some library, and when I got to the log-in page, I just typed in a random number, it was about 12 or 13 digits long, and it let me in! Either I hit a ten trillion to one longshot, or there was some flaw in the system. Hey, is isn't guarding the nation's nuclear codes, it is just some obituaries :)

I would just post the number here, but since I switched from WindowsXP to Windows Vista, and I logged in once, I don't get sent to the log-in page, I go straight to the next page, so I do not see the number each time on the log-in page.

You can just post the information on the requested obit in the obit forum, or if the obit would be from a major area, such as Chicago, then post your request in the appropriate County message board. For Chicago, that would be Cook County. If you do not get a reply in a few days, that usually means that fellow message boarders looked, but couldn't find an obit. Even now, not everybody has an obit posted in a newspaper.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DMStefani 8 Aug 2008 7:26PM GMT 
teekey7 12 Aug 2008 5:29AM GMT 
DMStefani 13 Aug 2008 1:00AM GMT 
teekey7 13 Aug 2008 1:48AM GMT 
Larry Parker 8 Dec 2008 12:52AM GMT 
DMStefani 17 Jun 2011 9:27AM GMT 
DMStefani 19 Jul 2011 5:28AM GMT 
eGENEee 7 Jan 2009 8:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic