Search for content in message boards

FAMILYTREEGUIDE.COM and MYHERITAGE.COM Phishing Sites

Replies: 2

FAMILYTREEGUIDE.COM and MYHERITAGE.COM Phishing Sites

Posted: 1 Sep 2010 5:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
FAMILYTREEGUIDE.COM and MYHERITAGE.COM
Run do not walk away from these phishing sites! Their web sites looks real good. With lots of "Testimonials" and demos.
"The best free genealogy software in the world 12,888,083 downloads so far, but who's counting...35 languages to choose from"! [from their ad]

Do not believe it for a min. Free or trial account MUST download a genealogy file to activate the account. Only one problem they take your GeD file and give you nothing. I upload a tree with 1842 People, 695 Photos, 199 Stories and 1562 records. According to them I uploaded 342 sources and NOTHING else. Ok, maybe the file was corrupted. So I uploaded my backup file. This time I had nothing at all on the file.

“Meet our 51,879,661 members!” [from their ad] *snorts*. I went to their member forms looking for help, had to go through another long registration process. When I finally got on the boards I knew I had been had.

“Our users have posted a total of 164 articles [in 5 years]
We have 121 registered users
The newest registered user is cura In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 9 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:27 pm
Registered Users: None”

I immediately tried to delete my account but was booted off the site first. When I tried to log in again they said no record of my email.
Beware of free tree builders!
Dancing with Ghosts
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dancing_w_Gho... 1 Sep 2010 11:09PM GMT 
kirkbogle58 13 Apr 2013 8:50PM GMT 
maryjogenealo... 5 Oct 2013 5:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions