Search for content in message boards

SYNECA -- Is it a Scam ?

Replies: 4

Re: Is it a Scam ?

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 8:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
This company is making a lot more sense now. In the other thread, it sounded like they were a genealogy company that was finding info on speculation. Now it appears to be something I am familiar with.

A few years back, I got a letter in a hand addressed envelope stating that the state of Florida might have money for me, and for a percentage, they would collect it for me. I thought nothing of it until I got a second letter from someone else. So I did a bit of research and found the state website where that information is posted and sure enough, I had several thousand dollars waiting for me. A past mortgage company had over charged me. That is also where unclaimed bank accounts of deceased people goes.

People make a living by looking through these records and then try to locate the people who are owed for a percentage. In my case it was easy because all I had to do was look up my own name and fill out a form to collect it without giving anyone anything.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
corneliustuto... 17 Jul 2013 1:17PM GMT 
barbdale_1 17 Jul 2013 6:54PM GMT 
rickathedj 19 Jul 2013 2:54AM GMT 
neilaxkestrel 21 Jul 2013 5:40PM GMT 
robburnsuk 9 Oct 2013 1:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions