Search for content in message boards

Permanent Family History Email Addresses - A Suggestion

Replies: 2

Permanent Family History Email Addresses - A Suggestion

Posted: 2 Sep 2010 10:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
It has come to my attention often -- and probably yours as well -- that many people have posted messages on the various genealogy related web sites with email addresses that have long ago expired. As a result we are left with no way to contact these folks for trading information etc.

I would suggest that anyone involved in family history research create for themselves an email address they will use exclusively and permanently for their genealogy related communications AND that they should do so using a FREE email web-based service, such as Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc..

I personally highly recommend Google's Gmail for it's nearly unlimited capacity and many features that allow better organization and searching of the data you will collect within it's emails.

Since these email addresses are free one doesn't have to worry about losing or changing their email address when companies change or when you move or change Internet providers which can happen from time to time.

By using one of the free services -- for the exchange of family history data -- you will continue to have the same email address for years to come. This means valuable information and opportunities won't be lost through those unavoidable email address changes -- and it costs you nothing!

If you think this is a good idea you might want to spread the message among the other family history buffs you communicate and associate with, especially with those that teach genealogy research.

All the best to your success!

Rick
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rick Gleason 3 Sep 2010 4:05AM GMT 
phylirwin1 14 Jun 2012 8:17PM GMT 
Rick Gleason 15 Jun 2012 6:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions