Search for content in message boards

THE ARDNABIE BRANCH OF CLAN DONALD by Duncan Darby MacDonald

Replies: 8

Re: THE ARDNABIE BRANCH OF CLAN DONALD by Duncan Darby MacDonald

Posted: 27 Jun 2014 3:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi . J. Young from Cornwal Ontario here . l also have the Ardnabie McDonell line in my tree . I agree that the Global Book site is the best [maybe the only ] place to purchase Duncan Darby McDonald's books . Captain John Dhu McDonell VI Ardnabie and his brother Ranald McDonell [who was said to be a brother in law of Allen Collachie McDonell] and their children and their grand children and other extended family were all on the Ship Pearl 1773 they were mostly tenants on Sir William [later his son Sir John] Johnson's Kingsborough Patent Rent Roll with Rent Due Date of Sept. 25 1780 [you can Google it] . Mary Ardnabie McDonell [their sister] was married to William Fraser , and mother to Simon Fraser Sr. who died in 1779 as prisoner of the Americans . His wife Isabel Duldreggan Grant Fraser brought their children [including Simon Fraser Jr. the Explorer] to Canada and settled at St Andrews West Ont [near Cornwall] .
If you are interested you can Google the following "Descendants of John Dhu Macdonell" and it should bring you to a rudimentary PDF file on my Ancestor and a partial listing of his descendants . Depending on how far along you have progressed in your search , it is a very useful touch stone .
I think my cousin Francis Ross McDonald [noted family historian and author of his own Ardnabie book titled "Legacy of Tradition"] contributed to that online PDF file on John Dhu Macdonell .
The Glengarry Board Rootsweb has many postings on this family , and maybe a few on the Stormont Board as well .
I think Francis Ross McDonald book "Legacy of Tradition" can be accessed at the Cornwall Public Library , Cornwall Ont . They have a teriffic amount of original , one of a kind books and large binders of genealogy resources located in a seperate , special , area , called the "Cornwall Room" . Duncan Darby McDonald books are there , as well , many other genealogies of other UEL , and KRRNY families [many inter-related to these Ardnabie McDonell] .
If you are planing a Genealogy holiday to this area , any time , you should call ahead for hours of access to this library . Two other must sees in the area are located at Williamstown Glengarry Ont where Sir John Johnson's original house is now a museum , and another nearby building houses the Nor Westers Museum and its collection of Fur Trade Memorabilia , and a KRRNY display . Summer hours apply .
Hope this helps . J.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Emily Taylor 26 Feb 2012 9:21PM GMT 
mi2early 28 Feb 2012 1:40PM GMT 
Emily Taylor 28 Feb 2012 2:03PM GMT 
fisemicr 3 Mar 2012 6:06PM GMT 
fisemicr 3 Mar 2012 6:15PM GMT 
Emily Taylor 6 Mar 2012 5:41PM GMT 
macdobb 12 Nov 2013 1:32PM GMT 
jasamcd 28 Dec 2013 11:17AM GMT 
young1451 27 Jun 2014 9:05PM GMT 
per page