Search for content in message boards

Lost years

Replies: 5

Re: Lost years

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 8:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
British electoral rolls for this period are available on Ancestry. Under the search tab, the second option is 'Census & Electoral Rolls'. That is how it shows up for me anyway. I have not figured out how to search electoral rolls only.

Prior to the 1918 roll only about a third of the British population had the vote, so far as I recall, though you do find a fair number of working class people on it, it is a bit hit and miss. These records do show addresses.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
philrees58 16 Mar 2013 10:28AM GMT 
SFarmer9302 16 Mar 2013 2:46PM GMT 
philrees58 16 Mar 2013 3:16PM GMT 
mi2early 16 Mar 2013 4:56PM GMT 
timtracker 17 Mar 2013 2:54AM GMT 
timtracker 17 Mar 2013 6:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic