Search for content in message boards

Visiting a local historical society?

Replies: 8

Re: Visiting a local historical society?

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 2:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
You two both gave me some new things to think of- thank you!
I have thought for the past year or so that she probably did remarry. I have learned a little of her personality in the years I have been looking for her, and I think she was both impetuous and unhappy in her marriage. There was some trouble in the early years, and it appears that she was pregnant when they got married.
Anyway- I will also look to see if there is a new marriage record for her, after her divorce. I still find it odd that I have not been able to find any records of the single man who was living in the same boarding house at the same time, near her in age! I will be looking for him too!
Yes, the LDS, that was going to be my next step. I do use NNYLN, which is based in the north country of New York, they do have lots of news articles, but I feel like they change them from time to time. I will find something once, then can never find it again.
My great grandfather never remarried. My mom says he seemed to be happy, he will would visit his children and grandchildren frequently.
Now, I am getting excited to head to Watertown, NY this week to do some digging! :)

Oh, and, do you know what happened to your great-grandfather? (Her husband?)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Brenda Becker 22 Mar 2013 12:28AM GMT 
eGENEee 22 Mar 2013 2:50AM GMT 
Brenda Becker 24 Mar 2013 8:28PM GMT 
eGENEee 22 Mar 2013 3:04AM GMT 
eGENEee 22 Mar 2013 3:43AM GMT 
Brenda Becker 24 Mar 2013 8:30PM GMT 
ltguidetti 24 Mar 2013 3:14PM GMT 
Brenda Becker 24 Mar 2013 8:37PM GMT 
ltguidetti 24 Mar 2013 3:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic