Search for content in message boards

Where to digitally share funeral card collection

Replies: 6

Re: Where to digitally share funeral card collection

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 10:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for the suggestions.

The process is a bit slow as I am only able to do the work when I am at my parents' place which is on the other side of the country. I'm there about once a month for work and am busy scanning things in the evening.

The collection will not be leaving our hands, that is for sure. The cards have already proved to be very useful to my work. A relative obtained a transcribed copy of my g-g-grandparents' marriage certificate from the archdiocese in Paderborn, Germany. It listed the bride and groom's parents with place of residence and the womens' maiden names so I thought we'd solved the mystery of that generation. Then I look at a funeral card for one of the women (g-g-g-grandmother I had presumed) and it seems that there might be an transcription error in the marriage certificate, an error on the funeral card, or possibly a second marriage to a woman with the same first name! A new mystery to solve.

Interestingly, in the same package I found the will of my great-grandfather's brother who returned to Germany. I think everyone in the family assumed it was just a family letter. I'm the only one who can read and speak any German and realized what it was and couldn't wait to tell my parents. I scanned that document immediately, needless to say.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
andreastill73 22 Mar 2013 3:56PM GMT 
mi2early 22 Mar 2013 4:00PM GMT 
eGENEee 22 Mar 2013 4:04PM GMT 
andreastill73 22 Mar 2013 4:18PM GMT 
eGENEee 22 Mar 2013 7:53PM GMT 
ldplegge 23 Mar 2013 3:59PM GMT 
andreastill73 23 Mar 2013 4:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions