Search for content in message boards

Tools for locating living cousins?

Replies: 4

Re: Tools for locating living cousins?

Posted: 27 May 2013 4:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
The answer to your question about obituaries is "No". People can, but far from everybody does, put a death notice in a local, or national, paper which might say "Deeply mourned by, Mary, Jack and Bob", or something like that. If people are well-known, for any reason, they could get a more detailed obituary in a local paper but it will be about THEM and what they did - would probably say "he/she leaves wife/husband (name) and three children. Rarely more. If one is really well-known there could be a detailed obituary in a national newspaper - but details as above. You could try googling "192.com", it is possible to find people through that but I think you have to pay something to get full details. However the basic information about who is living in the house is available on at least some of the unrestricted entries. I also met someone who found her father's relatives through Facebook. She was illegitimate and then her mother had been killed in a car crash when she was 9 months old and she had been brought up by her grandmother and gt.aunt. Know nothing about the details, have no real understanding of Facebook or how it works, but someone did also trace her that way for me so I could send some photos I had found of her as a toddler playing with my son in a different country from either of the countries we now live in - so something works. Hope this is useful.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Donald R Newc... 24 May 2013 3:11PM GMT 
halpark 27 May 2013 10:07AM GMT 
Donald R Newc... 27 May 2013 2:45PM GMT 
mi2early 27 May 2013 2:52PM GMT 
halpark 27 May 2013 5:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions