Search for content in message boards

a town named " Fansler Iowa "

Replies: 10

Re: a town named " Fansler Iowa "

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 10:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Just happened to be looking up the small town of Fansler, IA to see if there were any photos floating around on the internet. It's not really considered a town anymore, but I'll have you know that I have two aunts and uncles that currently reside here. One house is new and the other has been there for quite a few years. The town is not completely gone, no local stores but a few homes here and there. Located close to the river, Fansler was once a mining town. Old mines are said to have been sealed or blocked, but I have a hunch you could still find a few today. Many of my family members grew up around the surrounding countryside and I have driven the dirt road through Fansler many times. So, the rumors of the town being knocked flat are not true and in the spring and summer it is a great place to walk through and explore. With permission of course. Hope you're well and hope this sheds some light on many questions.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
artkidty30 2 Feb 2013 5:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions