Search for content in message boards

New to Genealogy-HELP

Replies: 6

New to Genealogy-HELP

Posted: 1 Aug 2001 6:01PM GMT
Hi all, I am making a definite effort of trying to find my ancestors who all came from Italy, starting with my Grandparents generation. I have been able to find the women on the Ellis site but none of the men. Have tried allvariations of the spellings to no avail. Also I have gotten to the point where I find I should write to Italy for Family certificates, b/c's, etc. I read for the f/c's you need last known residence. The only thing I know is that on the Ellis list it shows which town the wormen came from, all in the region of Campania. Should I assume that was their last residence? Also, I am not near an LDS so sending for microfilms is confusing me and also how would I read them? Any help, sitres addresses, etc. you could give would be greatly appreciated. One more thing, I have been looking at census records for NY in ancestry and many of them are not readable. Is there a way you would find a street w/o going thru all the districts? By the way most of my family came to NY and one Gradfather landed in Boston of which I find nothing about him. The names I am searching for are: Di Carluccio, Manganiello or Manganello, Velardi, Colarusso, Cubidosa, Fiorentino. The last two are my Grandfather and his father and my great Grandmother's names who landed in Boston, living in the North End from about 1903 to 1918 and then came to NY.
Thank you very much, June
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Connie11941 2 Aug 2001 12:01AM GMT 
ACraig708 15 Sep 2001 12:28AM GMT 
kmrbgood 20 Mar 2002 2:12AM GMT 
Connie11941 3 Apr 2002 11:15PM GMT 
kmrbgood 29 Mar 2002 3:09PM GMT 
esmango 24 Oct 2002 6:32PM GMT 
KellySwanson9... 24 Jan 2013 2:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic