Search for content in message boards

Newbie questions. Please help? Any input helpful.

Replies: 4

Newbie questions. Please help? Any input helpful.

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maley, Peck, O'Malley
If anyone could please give me a bit of insight I would greatly appreciate it.

I am searching for more information on the following people but I can not find birth certs, marriage certs, portions of census records or death certs on either of my ggparents.

Michal Maley -
b: 1858 NY (no birth cert, by census only)
Louise Peck
b: 1865 OH (no birth cert, by census only)

married: 1884 (no marriage cert, by census only)

1892 census - Corning City, Steuben, New York
(listed with 48 yo Mary Peck from France and 16 yo
William Peck USA)

1900 census - Corning City, Steuben, New York

1902 - Muskegon, MI (by daughters marriage - Julia Maley)

1910 census - Muskegon, MI

1911 - Muskegon, MI (by daughters marriage - Lizzy Maley)

I have no actual paperwork on Michal Maley before 1892 MY Census or after 1911. He said numerous times in census records that both parents were from Italy but all family members insist we are not Italian but American Indian.

I do have records of Louse Peck being married again to David Lamoreaux but have no death certificate.
1930 census - Muskegon, MI
Also listed was Ann O'Malley & Phillip O'Malley.
I believe this was a takers mistake as the Mary Peck and Ann O'Malley are born in the same year. I belive she could be named Mary Ann Peck. I have no idea who Phillip is.

So....I also have no actual paperwork on her from her before 1892. She states her mother was from France (have searched records from Canada also) and father was from England. 2nd cousins state her mother, Ann, was taken by Indians and Louise was half Wyandotte.

How often did people say they were another race when they were really Indian? How likely would it be, if they were Indian, that I would not find any birth records on either of them? How about death records? Marriage records?

I am at a real loss here. I have looked over every piece of info I can find and still nothing. I can't seem to put this puzzle together and the answer seems to be right under my nose.

I have considered hiring a professional but I don't know if I should hire someone that specializes in Native Anericans or Italians....or should I just get a blood test first and see if I have the actual native blood?

Any help is appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
laneraebeagle... 26 Oct 2012 5:34AM GMT 
daciodan 26 Oct 2012 3:00PM GMT 
laneraebeagle... 26 Oct 2012 3:37PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 11 Jan 2013 1:29AM GMT 
LHSwisher 11 Jan 2013 4:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions