Search for content in message boards

family data collection - marriages

Replies: 4

family data collection - marriages

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 8:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Nov 2012 12:16AM GMT
Surnames: Gredvig, Grodvig, Dahle, Dahl
I am confused about this source: Edmund West, Family Data Collection- Marriage. How do I find out the record that provided this information to whoever compiled this index? This is the only resource I have found that links my Great-Grandmother Clara Gredvig/Grodvig to Martin Dahle, through marriage. I know from a letter from my Grandfather Arthur Scofield that he never knew who his biological father was, but that he overheard his aunts and grandmother talking about him as "that bad man" and he heard the name "Dahl." However bad this man may have been, he is my great-grandfather and I want to know what he did and what happened to him after he left my great-grandmother. I have searched and searched and this is the only thing I can find that links their names together. How do I find their marriage record? Does this search result citing the Family Data Collection mean that there is indeed a marriage certificate? My grandfather and his older brother were born in Minnesota so I assume that is where Clara Gredvig/Grodvig married Martin Dahle/Dahl.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jessica Scofield
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jessica Scofi... 17 Nov 2012 3:27AM GMT 
daciodan 17 Nov 2012 8:44PM GMT 
Jessica Scofi... 18 Nov 2012 2:08AM GMT 
Jessica Scofi... 18 Nov 2012 3:32AM GMT 
daciodan 18 Nov 2012 6:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions