Search for content in message boards

Emma Herman Barnhardt-born 1892

Replies: 5

Re: Emma Herman Barnhardt-born 1892

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 10:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
You have given me alot of information to research. No wonder I was not finding the name "Carotens Terlefs" because they had the name listed wrong. I am going to guess that Colstan Detleff is a relation somehow to Emma's mother because that is the last name of her mother that was listed on the 1925 census that I found. At least this is going to give me some info to start researching.

Do you know what parish I would write to for the Lunden, Germany area?

I tried to pull of the record of the death of Calstan from the NDSU library link that you send but there is some kind of error so I will have to try that tomorrow.

I will have to look at that family tree more tomorrow. I tried to pull it up but I wasnt having much luck-tired eyes.

I have heard that Emma had a small child before she married my great grandfather and he made her give this child up for adoption. When I look at the 1910 census for Colstan there is a 1 year old child living with them with a different last name listed as boarder. Is that common to have 1 year old boarders back then, or could it possibly a child of Emma-something worth researching. Not sure how I would go about finding records of a child that she would have had from the time that she got here until she was marrried.

I thank you so much for your help. You are very kind.

Tara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
likepink2006 17 Mar 2013 8:50PM GMT 
barbdale_1 18 Mar 2013 2:00AM GMT 
barbdale_1 18 Mar 2013 2:26AM GMT 
likepink2006 18 Mar 2013 4:19AM GMT 
barbdale_1 18 Mar 2013 5:59AM GMT 
likepink2006 18 Mar 2013 7:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions