Help in tracing my Grandmothers side of the family

Replies: 12

Re: Help in tracing my Grandmothers side of the family

Posted: 3 Jul 2013 1:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2013 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: Condon, Doherty, Barrett, Burrett
Hi Brian,

I can not thank you enough for the help you have given.

It is also good to know that all the leads that I had followed, lead to the same places that you uncovered, though there were a few things you discovered that I hadn't come across.

I will contact some of the family trees to see if they can help me shed any light on the situation.
Maurice Alan Condon was born 3 years before my grandmother so could possibly be a brother???
I had another look at the marriage certificate and noticed that it was written by the Minister, so it could be possible (though slim) that deceased was written under the wrong person, Mabel's name could quite possibly be Burrett not Barrett and thirdly Morris is spelt wrong and should have been spelt Maurice.

I did find one of the things that you discovered really interesting, that both names were associated to a racecourse. I remember as a child my grandparents were very keen on the horses as well as my uncle mentioned that every time the name Bill Condon was mentioned my grandmother would instantly become alert.

Again thank you so much for your help and if I do manage to find any information on my grandmothers family I will let you know.

Cheers
Niomie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Niomie Mitche... 1 Jul 2013 4:57AM GMT 
BrianMartin62... 1 Jul 2013 9:40PM GMT 
Niomie Mitche... 2 Jul 2013 4:32AM GMT 
BrianMartin62... 2 Jul 2013 6:39AM GMT 
BrianMartin62... 2 Jul 2013 7:33AM GMT 
Niomie Mitche... 3 Jul 2013 7:12AM GMT 
divbooks 26 Jul 2013 8:39PM GMT 
Laurenfindlay... 18 Jul 2013 10:17AM GMT 
Niomie Mitche... 18 Jul 2013 11:52AM GMT 
divbooks 26 Jul 2013 7:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions