Search for content in message boards

General help if you have time

Replies: 2

Re: General help if you have time

Posted: 23 Aug 2013 6:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Many thanks for the reply.

I have a copy of the marriage certificate, the problem is he lived in Brighouse before the marriage, but got married in, and moved to Luton afterwards. The address shown as his residence may have be for longer but was just shown at the time of getting married. The witnesses were all relations to my grandma and local to Luton.
I do have his fathers name, and occupation, and have found a 1911 census that shows someone similar, in the same area but different address.
I guess I just wanted to know if there was any better way of crossing the t's and dotting the i's as I have a couple of leads to go on, but had really pinned my hopes on the army side, but as I cannot even get the date of birth I was hoping for then am stuck at the point of where do I go next.
I am visiting my father this weekend and hope to look at his birth certificate for any more clues, but after that its just a case of compiling a list and eliminating the wrong ones.
Is there any where you can go to view records of any sort rather than paying for them all the time. My grandfather came from Brighouse, and have ruled out the Salvation Army Booths who happened to be based a few hundred yards away from the address I know about.

Thanks again

nick
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nicholasjboot... 23 Aug 2013 8:58AM GMT 
carobradford 23 Aug 2013 11:55AM GMT 
nicholasjboot... 23 Aug 2013 12:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic