Search for content in message boards

Just starting out and I have gaps

Replies: 6

Just starting out and I have gaps

Posted: 9 Sep 2013 1:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Sep 2013 5:07PM GMT
I'm trying to piece together my family but being that my family is so spread out it is quite hard. Anyone with tips how to get myself started would be great. Thus far I have the following, my grandmas maiden name being Lucas and my grandfathers original last name was Parks. He took up the name of his step mother who took care of him because his mother, Christine Parks (my great grandmother) was not able to do so at that time. I recently received information and pictures on my great great grandmother (great grandmothers mom) Her name was Fannie Sessoms, who's sisters names were Menerva and the other I'm still trying to find out. Fannie was light enough to pass as white back in the day but her sisters were not. They worked inside and out side the home being beaten more than Fannie. Fannie intern became hateful of her own kind with darker complection. The information is just on my grandfathers side. The only thing that is hard with my finding my grandmothers side is that she has Alzheimer's so its a dead end with her memory but I do have family that I have to track down and get the information from. From my mother though, my grandmothers mother was full indian. It's unclear what her tribe was but my mom distinctly remembers a picture of her with very long black hair, traditional indian attire and when she did visit my grandmother spoke of her saying she was a wise woman who always wore a bun because her hair was a hassle to wear down lol i'm trying to find my great great grandmother on my grandpas side as well as my great grandmother on my grandmas side. Any tips, help, advice would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know how to obtain records besides the traditional way of searching through countless boxes, etc. Thanks so much in advance.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bria McKinney 9 Sep 2013 7:48AM GMT 
Sandra Farmer 9 Sep 2013 12:03PM GMT 
Bria McKinney 11 Sep 2013 5:19PM GMT 
Sandra Farmer 11 Sep 2013 8:23PM GMT 
theresaj1111 9 Sep 2013 3:00PM GMT 
Bria McKinney 11 Sep 2013 5:21PM GMT 
nanablue2007 9 Sep 2013 3:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions