New to Ancestry

Replies: 11

New to Ancestry

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 1:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Dec 2013 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: Bowie, Vendetti
Hello!

My name is Lou. I have been following my family tree since 2009. I lost my password at one point, and couldn't log back in until about 5 years later because of email complications.

I was wondering a few things:

1. How to make your tree show up on your public profile: I am a Registered Guest, so am I not able to put my tree public on my profile for other people to find? I have some information in my tree that I think will help people who are looking for information about the Bowie family from 1900 to 2013.

2. I only have limited information in the way of marriages and such to people - e.g. Year of marriage, not full date. How do I put that into my tree? it won't accept it. How do I find the missing information to make it accept it if I am only a Registered Guest? Most of my family stayed in Italy, and I can't access the international records on Ancestry. I have more than just one gap in information for most of my relatives on my father's side: which is the Megna side. My mom's is the Bowie side. I know that that spelling of Bowie is new, it wasn't always spelled that way. I remember going to a cemetery and finding a Bowie who was spelled differently. I can't think off the top of my head how the name of the person was spelled, I think Bowey(?) I'm not totally sure.

Anyway, enough rambling...I do that from time to time.

In order to help me, if anyone would be so kind as to do, what information would you need from me? I mind you most of my relatives on the Italian (Megna/Vendetti) side of my family stayed in Italy, so I would need international records, right? For the Bowie, I know that I am related to the James Bowie who fought and died at the Alamo, just don't know exactly how. I know that the Bowie's can be traced back to Scotland, and I have found one or two people on here who have information, and also one person who contacted me who is a cousin of my maternal grandfather, but I can't contact anyone else other than though this because I am only a Registered Guest; they won't let me message anyone. I can reply to messages, but they won't let me compose messages to anyone.

Thank you, and I'm sorry if this has so little information and more of the rambling. This is my first time in about five years that I've done this, so I don't know what someone would really need that I may have.

I don't know where to go from here...does anyone have any suggestions? Any are greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you for the help!

~ Lou
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
louisvendetti 28 Dec 2013 8:20PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 29 Dec 2013 1:52PM GMT 
louisvendetti 29 Dec 2013 6:22PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 29 Dec 2013 6:34PM GMT 
louisvendetti 29 Dec 2013 6:40PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 29 Dec 2013 6:39PM GMT 
louisvendetti 29 Dec 2013 6:44PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 29 Dec 2013 7:03PM GMT 
louisvendetti 29 Dec 2013 7:16PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 29 Dec 2013 7:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions