Search for content in message boards

family relationships 101

Replies: 1

family relationships 101

Posted: 13 May 2014 8:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ok, for the record I am very new to this...but also very hooked; you could ask my wife who says I spend too much time on it. Anyway, I am trying to get my head around the whole cousins, removed, etc. I have a very fragile grasp on it and that brings my question:

My grandpa remarried and had a son (my dad's half-brother) I've always called him my half-uncle, which is kinda funny since he's 6 months younger than me. Looking into the whole cousins mess I think he would be my first-cousin once-rmoved. Does that sound right? I say that because his grandparents (on his dad's side) are my great-grandparents. But then again his dad is my grandfather!!!! Now is where my head starts to hurt. Maybe we're just good friends :-)

Another question; I have found someone whose great-grandparents are my great-great-grandparents. Would this make us second-cousins once-removed? And if he had children they would be my third cousins?

Thanks for you help and hopefully not laughing at my newbi-ness LOL

Craig
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
craig allen 14 May 2014 2:53AM GMT 
jmyoung365 14 May 2014 6:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions