Search for content in message boards

Looking for half sister

Replies: 6

Looking for half sister

Posted: 11 Jun 2014 7:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jun 2014 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Shafer
Hello. Posted in divorce records board and received unbelievably kind assistance from you experts out there. Am hoping to continue in same vein...

Now that I have a name for my father's first wife (both maiden and married) and her second husband, I'm trying to track down the child that she had shortly after she remarried - possibly my half sister. With the help of other's I've been able to come up with a name (but not an official DOB) through newspapers only (geneology bank was suggested, but only got me newspaper info, little else), but once she attended college in the late 60's, I'm stuck.

Any suggestions as to where to go next? I'm waiting on a written copy of the divorce record btw my father and her mother - 1948 or 1949 - from Stark county in Ohio. I'm hoping the terms of the divorce are included - I was told some 30 yrs ago that the wife agreed to the divorce on condition that my father give up all rights to the baby she was carrying at the time of the divorce.

Any help - sites I might join to get some more info, whatever! - is appreciated.

Thanks so much!

My father was Richard Groth Bozorth - ex wife was Marion Joan Schwensen. They divorced in Stark County Ohio. Ms.Schwensen married Carlton M Shafer. Child was Susan E. Shafer - assumably born in 1948 or 1949. That's all I really know for sure. Newspapers published that she attended Muskingum College and was elected homecoming queen Nov 1967, and that she soon after ran for Miss Berea and Miss Ohio. That's the last info I have for sure on her. There was a musician by the same name that had some professional success in the area and nationally, and her married name was Susan Toth Shafer (or Susan Shafer Toth) but I really don't know if that's the same person.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
EA_Lauser 11 Jun 2014 1:19PM GMT 
carol santos 12 Jun 2014 1:39AM GMT 
bonedigger176 12 Jun 2014 2:02AM GMT 
EA_Lauser 12 Jun 2014 1:14PM GMT 
daciodan 12 Jun 2014 4:00PM GMT 
EA_Lauser 12 Jun 2014 4:10PM GMT 
nls12 12 Jun 2014 4:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic