Search for content in message boards

Hi everyone, newbie here

Replies: 1

Hi everyone, newbie here

Posted: 17 Jul 2014 9:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jul 2014 10:34AM GMT
Hi everyone, new to the site and genealogy in general.

Have a few questions. I managed to build a lot of my most recent 3 generations of family. But how do I find out who my relatives children are so I can add them in? I seem to be able to track peoples parents, but not their children. Which means I can only trace backwards in time.

Also, how do I share my family tree with my cousin? I sent him a share to his email address but a lot of it is hidden and private. How do I make it available to him?

Also how do I make my tree public so that anyone can see my ancestry that I have managed to find out so far?

I have some more questions but if someone can help me with those two it would be a good start. Some general tips will also be appreciated. I am struggling to understand the basic methods used to track information in order to acquire the birth, marriage and death certificates or relatives. I have traced a fair bit of immediate family and located their birth certificates and marriage certificates but have hit a bit of a roadblock now. I think until I fully understand the techniques I wont be able to go much further
Many thanks

Dawud Beale
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dawud Beale 17 Jul 2014 3:50PM GMT 
carol santos 17 Jul 2014 6:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic