Search for content in message boards

Found On SSDI But Not On California Death Index..Ideas?

Replies: 4

Re: Found On SSDI But Not On California Death Index..Ideas?

Posted: 16 May 2012 12:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
THANK YOU! Yes, I believe this has to be him! This is why we couldn't find him. Still....what are the odds that not only is his first name mangled in one index, but then his last name is completely changed in another death index? Very very odd.

This morning i mailed a request for a death certificate for him, noting that his first name may be spelled "Lewis" or "Louis" or "Louise". However I requested the record on a "Lawton". I did include the social security number listed on the SSDI, so I wonder if they will tell me the record can't be found, or will they send "Louise Lawrence's" death certificate. I guess in the case of the former, I will shell out another $14 and request Louise Lawrence's death certificate.

I think that whoever keypunched the info into the index may have lost their place and keyed the name above Lawton, which, going alphabetically, may well have been "Lawrence".

This relative has been such a mystery and the topic of much discussion in the family. He just kind of dropped out of the family for some reason. He's a mystery i would really like to solve.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
twotzus 10 May 2012 5:31AM GMT 
LHSwisher 16 May 2012 3:51AM GMT 
skvesta 16 May 2012 4:54AM GMT 
twotzus 16 May 2012 6:04AM GMT 
skvesta 16 May 2012 1:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions