Search for content in message boards

Found On SSDI But Not On California Death Index..Ideas?

Replies: 4

Found On SSDI But Not On California Death Index..Ideas?

Posted: 9 May 2012 11:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lawton
I have been unsuccessfully searching for an individul's death date for some while, and finally found an SSDI entry for a person I believe to be him. The birth date lines up as well as last residence of San Francisco. His name was Lewis Lawton, and he is listed in the SSDI as Louise Lawton. Last residence is listed as San Francisco, Ca and Zip Code of last residence is 94131 (San Francisco). Is this zip code the place that his benefit check was sent? There are NO Lawtons listed in the California Death Index for this date, not even "Louise Lawton". What am I missing and why can't I find a death date in the California Death Index to match the SS one? I suppose it is very slightly possible that he died in a different state, but that is highly unlikely. He had lived and worked in San Francisco for years. He was 64 at the time of his death, born 28 May 1912, and I believe that whoever reported his death to SSA mispelled his name as "Louis" instead of "Lewis" and perhaps a clerk misread it as "Louise". I am stumped. The SSDI only gives the month of February and year of 1976 as date of death. Anybody have any ideas on how I can find a death date and place?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
twotzus 10 May 2012 5:31AM GMT 
LHSwisher 16 May 2012 3:51AM GMT 
skvesta 16 May 2012 4:54AM GMT 
twotzus 16 May 2012 6:04AM GMT 
skvesta 16 May 2012 1:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions