Search for content in message boards

English Parish Registers pre-1813: odd type of register found

Replies: 0

English Parish Registers pre-1813: odd type of register found

Posted: 31 Aug 2013 5:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
I was scanning through the parish register microfiche for a Nottinghamshire (ancient) parish church at my local library and came across a type of register I've never seen before. It covers the period 1808 to 1823, and has pre-printed pages for baptisms and burials as well as marriages, all in the same book from what I can tell. This seems to me to be extremely unusual as I didn't think pre-printed registers existed for baptisms and burials before 1813, and certainly not in the same book as marriages.

I'm sorry I can't show examples of the pages - I didn't take copies - but there were probably the same number of baptisms and burials per page (i.e. 8, but possibly more) as in the post-1813 registers, and 4 marriages per page as in the post-1754 registers. The marriage pages looked as they should do for 1808, and the baptism and burial pages looked to be printed in a similar typeface. I should probably ask the advice of the county archives as they have the original register, but wondered if anyone might have seen similar registers before.

Christine

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions