Hiram King Jones-Caroline Justus Jones Reunion will take place Saturday, Aug. 1, at the community center of the Bethel Wesleyan Church on Tracy Grove Road in Henderson County, North Carolina.
Come any time for a drop-in from 1 to 4 p.m. This is an excellent time to share photographs, genealogical charts, stories and fellowship.
Pictures will be taken from 4 to 5 p.m. A short meeting will be held before dinner.
Dinner will be served from 5 to 6 p.m. Bring a meat, vegetable, bread, salad, fruit or dessert for the pot-luck supper. Paper products and drinks are provided.
Be sure to bring a donation for next year’s reunion and maintenance of the Jones Cemetery at Upward.
All Jones and Justus related families are invited to attend.
For more information or directions, call (828) 329-9221 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiram King Jones (1820-1910) was the son of Robert Jones and Elizabeth McGuffey. Mary Caroline Justus (1824-1887) was the daughter of John Justis (Justus) Jr. and Elizabeth Thomas.
Hiram King Jones and Mary Caroline Justus had 13 children.
1. Mary Ann Jones (1840-1843)
2. Elizabeth Moselda Jones (1842-1909) married Jasper Albert Revis. The couple had eight children – John Frazier Revis who married Addie Lee Gertrude Staton, Nancy Caroline Revis who married William Douglas Bishop, Rosa Rebecca Revis who married John K. Hill, Anna Elizabeth Revis who married Amos G. Williams, Allie S. Revis (Alice) who never married, and Franklin B., Mary Delia and Milner J. who died as children.
2. Nancy Jones (1844-1886) married Jeremiah Taylor. The couple had seven children – Thomas Pinkney Taylor who married Amanda Clark and moved to Montana, Sarah Hester Taylor who married Albert Griffin Justice, Bruce A. Taylor who married Miriam Elizabeth Case, Alice Caroline Taylor who had two children by an unknown father, Nancy Jane Taylor who married Dexter Robert Stepp, John L. Taylor whose wife’s name was Mabel and who moved to Montana, and Mary Emma Taylor who died at a young age.
3. George Washington Jones (1845-1929) married Elizabeth Ann Cagle. The couple had 10 children – Fanning Richardson Jones who married Arminta Justus, Mary Louella Jones who married Wiley Jasper Bishop, James Wesley Jones who married Mary Ella Clark and moved to Montana and later Idaho, Julia Lee Jones who married John Franklin Justus, George Frazier Jones who married first Lulu Pace and second Mollie Belle McCall, Mitchell Weatherly Jones who married Alice Lenette Hill, Silas Lafayette Jones who married Cora Andrea Blackwell, Jacob Hix Jones who married Nettie Caroline Arledge, Arminta Fair Jones who married Harvey Hilton Jackson, and Hattie Belle Jones who married Nicholas Boose Stepp.
4. James King Jones (1847-1938) married first Julia Ann Pace and married second Margaret Ann Pace. James King Jones and Julia Ann Pace had eight children – Juno Deborah Jones who married Benjamin P. Pace, Eliza Jane Jones who married William Valentine Justus, Leander Jackson Jones who married Eugenia Belle Blackwell, Henry Clay Jones who married Sarah Belle Staton, Uel Garfield Jones who married Martha Ida Constant, Ransom Lafayette Jones who married Cora Esther Pace, Noda Adeline Jones who married Henry Meriwether Keisler, and Julia Ann Jones who died as a baby. James King Jones and Margaret Ann Pace had six children – Franklin Pierce Jones who married Sallie Kate Hood, Mary Ann Jones who married John Henry Guice, Martha Belle Jones who married Sidney Lee Guice, Jeter Pritchard Jones who married Blanche Marie Holbert, Columbus McKinley Jones who married Marjory Odessa Case, and Grace Marie Jones who married Fred Stepp.
5. John Franklin Jones (1849-1920) married Susan Jane Pace. The couple had 12 children – Leora Bell Jones who married Henry Clayton Guice, Columbus Hilliard Jones who married Frances “Fannie” Bishop, Oatis Eli Jones who never married, Essie Caroline Jones who married George Bynum Heatherly, George Logan Jones who married Clara Splawn, Louvina Cordelia Jones who married Thomas Conway Pruitt, Marietta Mary Jones who married John T. Gilbert, Lillie Mae Jones who married Edward V. Shook, William Jethro Jones who never married, Carl McKinley Jones who married Ivory Thompson, Cora Odella Jones who married Joseph Byers Stepp, and an unnamed twin of Essie Caroline who died at birth.
6. Catherine Matilda Jones (1851-1887) never married.
7. Emily Delilah Jones (1853-1954) married Daniel Lafayette Morrison. The couple had 13 children – Carolina Lucretia Morrison married Andrew Sherman Jackson, Ida Ella Morrison married Alfred Monroe Jackson, O’Della Harriett Morrison married Hamilton Ewart Jones, Java Loretta Morrison married Wiley Herman Gibbs, David Sankey Morrison married Louise Pace, Eugenia Maude Morrison married Frank A. Bradbury, Claudius A. Morrison married his brother’s widow Louise Pace, Tabitha Inez Morrison married Elzie Warren Hill, Burgain Holmes Morrison married Lillie Fair Hill, Hugh Daniel Morrison married Elma Newman, Murph John Morrison married Anita Elizabeth Parks, and Myron Ransom Morrison and Vasco William Morrison both died at a young age.
8. Robert Edward Jones (1855-1922) married Mary Evelyn Staton. The couple had three children – Harlie Gollette Jones who married Larret Matilda Pace, Loice Alonzo Jones who married Josephine Hill, and Lelon W. Jones who died as a child.
9. Thomas Jefferson Jones (1857-1955) married Frances Eliza Tabitha Gray. The couple had 11 children – Atlas Otho Jones who married Nettie Cochran, Viola Jones who married William Pinkney Cagle, Emma Deborah Jones who married William Oliver Waters Jr., Matilda Leona Jones who first married Zollie Stepp and second Albert Heath, Drayton Jones who married Lyda Davis, Dexter Edward Jones who married Nina Bell Pace, Daisy Ethel Jones who married Justice Smith Jones, Angie Jones who married John L. Orr, Obie King Jones whose wife’s first name was Catherine and who died in Massachusetts, Lillian Jones who never married, and Cecil Hillard Jones who married Thelma E. Jones.
10. William Henry Jones (1859-1948) married Rosa Jane Justus. The couple had two children – Irey Manning Jones who married Florence Hill and Pinkney Leroy Jones who married Essie Israel.
11. Harriet Caroline Jones (1860-1950) married Pinkney Webster Thompson. The couple had no children of the marriage.
12. Laura Evelyn Jones (1863-1949) married William Whitted Pace. The couple had 10 children – Oliver Dockery Pace who married Nettie Anders, Zettella Caroline Pace who married B. Franklin Capps, Bessie Zora Pace who married George S. Rhodes, Leander Jackson Pace who married Ethel Daves, Myrtle Elizabeth Pace who married James Glover Capps, Persis Marie Pace who married McKinley Drake, Ethel Synoria Pace who married Thomas M. Mason, Loren William Pace who married Elnora Beaver, Everett Roosevelt Pace who married Bertha Osborn, and Julia Inez Pace who married James Clyde Taylor.