Search for content in message boards

Prince Rainier and Agatha Murphy

Replies: 0

Prince Rainier and Agatha Murphy

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 10:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to connect Prince Rainier to the Murphy family of Agatha Murphy. I have a record that the Murphy family of Agatha Murphy was evacuated to Asylum PA by Albert Gallatin in 1794.

This same family was in charge of LaSalle University in Philadelphia in the 1930's at a time that one of the largest donors to the School was Judge John B Kelly. Judge Kelly was Princes Grace Kelly's father. Records are very clear that Prince Rainier married Actress Grace Kelly the daughter of Judge John B Kelly of Philadelphia. She was known as Princes Grace Kelly.

At first, LaSalle University admited that Judge John B Kelly was Princes Grace Kelly's father until I pointed out the Murphys running LaSalle University were from Asylum PA. At that point, the records of day to day operations of LaSalle University from 1930 to 1940, the time LaSalle University was headed by the Murphy family, has been sealed. They have taken the position that Catholic Judge John B Kelly could be a number of many Judges named John B Kelly in Philadelphia in the 1930's.

Although Philadelphia records do not support this statement.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions