Search for content in message boards

Descendants preceeding Fergus Mor Mac Erc

Replies: 5

Correction Source Name/Jane MacRory and Alexander 4th high Steward, Stewart

Posted: 20 Feb 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Feb 2006 5:12PM GMT
Surnames: MacRory, Stewart
First off, I want to correct the EBK source creator as being David Nash Ford. I misentered the middle and surnames for him, and he deserves much better.
Secondly, in your email to me, You seemed to be interested in the pedigree for Jean MacRory and her father James MacRory (whom you called Jean and James MacSorley). I am wondering if there is a source for this alias, as I try to include all aliases somewhere in the card for each individual as I have found keeping ongoing record of aliases is crucial. You'll not find the wife of AlexanderStewart, 4th Steward, as Jean MacSorley on the Hull Data Base. She is there as Jean MacRory. Some sources call her Jane.
You can get to her directly at URL:http://www.dcs.hull.ac.uk/cgi-bin/gedlkup/n=royal?royal4071
Both Jean MacRory and her husband Alexander 4th Stewart descend directly from Fergus Mor, but this is from my tree and a variety of sources and cross correlation. I'm including Fergus' URL to to help you get started http://www.dcs.hull.ac.uk/cgi-bin/gedlkup/n=royal?royal7106 You'll notice that Thompsett has Fergus as headwater ancestor with no parents. His is a data base constantly being added to, a work in progress. You'll have to search elsewhere for the genealogy UP from him.
It's an excellent way to build the tree, while the historians who detail their study and describe the players help you make appropriate choices when you encounter dispute, primarily in the ancient lines.
By the way, From the pedigree you quoted me it looks like you accessed someone relying at least in part on Malcom MacQueen's, "Skye Pioneers of the Island" or echoing someone who did. Again, I chose to go with Ashley and my ascendancy for Jane MacRory differs but ultimately through a more circuitous route, does arrive at Fergus Mor, amongst others, including the Kings of Waterford, Dublin, and/or York, up to King Ragnar LODBROCK, King Of The Danes (In Snorre's Saga and the Icelandic Landnamobok (Book of Settlement), Many historians regard much of the genealogy at this point (up) to be purely legendary, or even mythical) From King Ragnar it goes up to Odin.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SueGrayson57 14 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT 
alfonsa111 19 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT 
alfonsa111 20 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT 
alfonsa111 20 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT 
SueGrayson57 20 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Gary Rea 15 Sep 2001 6:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions