Search for content in message boards

King Haakon VII & Queen Maud of Norway

Replies: 2

King Haakon VII & Queen Maud of Norway

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, May
Good Afternoon,

I am looking for information on my mother's cousin, Rosemary Maud Smith (maiden name) b. March 31, 1938 in London, England and possibly died October 1986 Colchester, Essex. I don't know if she was ever married. She was Christened May 14, 1938 at St. John's Church, Putney.
Rosemary's father was Lt. Commander Charles Eric Smith, Royal Navy, d. January 13, 1944 at the Royal Marine Hospital in London. Lt. Commander Smith had been assigned to the Royal Norwegian Embassy 10 Palace Green W8, London, England and the Norwegian King Haakon VII during the Kings exile during W.W.II. He had apparently had also been stationed at the British Embassy in Oslo, Norway previous to W.W.II and his family became very close to the Norwegian Royal Family as his daughter, Rosemary's Godmother is apparently King Haakon VII's wife, Queen Maud, daughter of King Edward VII of England.
Rosemary's mother was Kathleen May possibly from Lancashire. No other info is available for Kathleen other than they were married in 1931 and subsequently had 2 addresses between 1931? and 1944?. The first address was "The Loft" 2 A Dealtry Road, Putney, England 2722 and the second, 8 Kings Keep Putney Hill S.W. 15.
Any advice, direction or information about this family would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Gerry Sinclair
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GJSinclairSmi... 19 Jul 2010 10:56PM GMT 
Christopher B... 26 Jul 2010 4:12AM GMT 
robsmith6719 3 Feb 2013 5:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions