Search for content in message boards

Careful research

Replies: 2

Careful research

Posted: 2 Dec 2011 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: York
I have only been on Ancestry.com for a short period but in that time I have noticed some erroneous data that is being perpetrated in many many family trees. If you have a York relation and it ends up with Richard Plantagenet or Richard of York King of England it cannot be right. Richard the III's only male child died as a child and Richard died without a male heir. His line died with him. The same is true for his brother Edward who was also King of England. Both his male heirs were supposedly killed by the aforementioned Richard after the death of Edward IV. And although they were considered of the House of York..York would not have been their surname. In order to have correct information, each person who adds someone to their tree from someone else's tree must make sure that entry is a correct entry. I have also seen entries where the parents listed are younger than the person that they are supposed to be the parents of...This too is an impossible feat. So check entries carefully and check the dates...if it can't be right don't add it and keep the errors going.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wheat_Charlot... 2 Dec 2011 7:00PM GMT 
ewd76 23 Dec 2011 3:46AM GMT 
wedderburnkid 1 Dec 2012 5:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions