Search for content in message boards

death of Rootsweb?

Replies: 17

Re: death of Rootsweb?

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 2:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Well this is disheartening...
I am only just learning to use Rootsweb. Being on a very limited income I was quite happy to find a site I did not have to pay for. I only learned today that Ancestry has 'bought' Rootsweb. :( When I spoke with someone at Ancestry, they cheerfully informed me that I could have a 'guest membership' for free... However, I know that you cannot access any information with a "Free" 'guest membership' and must pay to see the information you find.

I been able to find my ancestors on Rootsweb... and have made contact with some of my 'cousins'!

I even learned how to make a GEDCOM file and upload it to Rootsweb, just this past week. Since at this time I can still use and access Rootweb, I will continue to do so, until I am 'cut off'.

Can anyone help me with a question I have? I did send it to Rootsweb Help, but have not yet received an answer. I am anxious to get it answered so I can remove and resubmit my tree.

The Tree I posted was/is a 'test' tree and is not accurate and needs much revision. I am given two options:

TAKE TREE OFFLINE - Selecting Proceed will remove your tree from searching and browsing on WorldConnect.

DELETE TREE - Selecting Proceed will remove the GEDCOM file and user information permanently from Worldconnect.

I'm confused about the Delete feature...?
Will I still be able to use Rootsweb or will I have to get a new account?

AND...
if I DELETE this tree will I be able to upload it again, once I've gotten everything straight?

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pasher44 27 Jun 2012 1:37PM GMT 
369AngelWings 17 Jul 2012 8:47PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 18 Jul 2012 2:26AM GMT 
myravg 18 Jul 2012 7:16PM GMT 
daciodan 19 Jul 2012 12:23PM GMT 
myravg 19 Jul 2012 3:00PM GMT 
369AngelWings 18 Aug 2012 1:36PM GMT 
369AngelWings 18 Aug 2012 1:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions