One of my charts has people with the original Polish language spelling surname of Labuz, except that instead of a English capital "L", the first letter is a Polish letter that looks like a capital "L", but it also has a short, thin diagonal line that crosses the middle of the upright part of the "L", going upwards from the lower left to the upper right of the upright section of the "L" at a 45 degree angle.
That Polish letter can not be displayed on this rootsweb World Connect website. I tried, but what ends up showing here is that the Polish letter is replaced with a question mark. So I have no alternative but to type Labuz--both as the chart name, and within my written "notes" for the various people.
It's true that more people might find the person on this website if the name on the chart itself is typed in only English characters.
But if Polish letters were enabled in people's "notes", then at least in those "notes" I could visually show readers how the peoples' names were properly spelled in Polish.
Without being able to show that Polish letter, then I have to type a long explanation of how the name was originally spelled, like I did in the first paragraph above.
That gets a little ungainly for people reading my chart to deal with, when I could delete that whole paragraph if I could just get the Polish letter to show up here on rootsweb World Connect.